The IRA Charitable Rollover has returned.
Congress just extended the Charitable IRA and made it retroactive for 2015. It was also made permanent, so we won’t have uncertainty about it in the future.
Tax-wise supporters of AIFL know that the Charitable IRA can be an important tax planning opportunity—possibly the best source for your charitable giving this year.
With the Charitable IRA, you make a charitable gift directly from your IRA to the America-Israel Friendship League that will:
• Be an easy way to make a charitable donation.
• Be excluded from your gross income.
• Count toward your required minimum distribution.
For eligible donors, this may be the most tax-wise way to make a charitable gift to AIFL—whether it’s your annual gift, a payment on an existing pledge, or your gift to establish a scholarship or other named fund.
In order for your gift to qualify for 2015:
• You must be at least age 70 ½ at the time of the contribution.
• Your gift must be transferred directly from your IRA to AIFL no later than December 31, 2015.
• Your total charitable IRA distributions in tax year 2015 cannot exceed $100,000.
To take advantage of this tax savings opportunity, direct your IRA custodian to issue an IRA charitable distribution payable to
The America-Israel Friendship League and send it to:
America-Israel Friendship League
134 East 39 Street
New York, NY 10016
AIFL Taxpayer ID Number: 23-725-2135 For more information, please contact:
The America-Israel Friendship League